I’m glad you are here
First of all, huge thanks for visiting my website. I’m Martin, the guy who controls Martin Makowski Photography. For nearly a decade years, I have been professionally photographing weddings across Nottinghamshire, the UK and internationally. The magic of photography and its unique ability to preserve memories has always fascinated me. I explore my creativity and curiosity mainly through photography but also art, cooking, and DIY!
My photography adventure began nearly ten years ago when I was asked by a friend of mine to photograph her wedding. Anxious but also excited I said OK, and that was it! I was hooked from the first click and since then, I have been putting all my heart and energy into documenting wedding day stories for couples who share the same ideology on what great photography is about, human element, and feelings.
I live in Nottingham with my wife Gosia, our two crazy boys; David and Sebastian, our cat Zdzicho (try and have a go at pronouncing it), and our pet rat Black.
I love taking photos of my kids. For me, it’s about creating a true visual reflection of their personalities! They are loud, happy little characters. I take pictures that capture and show who they are-as they are. No need to say “cheese!!”. It’s a very honest documentation of our life. I approach family photography in the same way as I do wedding photography. Capturing a true ‘now’ which will soon become the ‘past’. It’s about documenting life and the family history.
A few facts
- Sourdough baking is a huge passion of mine. If you need me and can’t find me, I’m probably in the kitchen kneading some dough. If I’m not kneading the dough, I’m in the kitchen anyway. I cook a lot!
- I love chilli and spicy food. Spicier the better! A meal without a kick doesn’t feel complete to me.
- I like to draw. When the idea for an artwork gets in my head, it won’t leave my mind till it’s executed. Always appreciated graffiti and street art-related things.
- I take lots of pictures but I think I already mentioned it a few times.
- I hate to hate, but I hate sounds of chewing and chomping, they make me cringe.